Pages

HOLLY MIRANDA SMALE

Writer, photographer, "rapper" and general technophobe takes on the internet in what could be a very, very messy fight. But it's alright: she's harder than she looks, and she's wearing every single ring she could get her hands on.







.








Wednesday 3 June 2009

Jammy

Well: it went swimmingly. Tarts were grabbed off my plate by hungry commuters, my feathers stayed intact, I was cheered by a group of builders, and a little old lady came up - slightly concerned - took a Jammy Dodger and then said sweetly: "are you the Queen of Tarts, dear?" To which I very nearly said yes

I took lots of photos, but none for this blog, I'm afraid. I'm The Write Girl: it's all in the imagination. Otherwise I'd be The Photo Girl and I'd probably get more visitors.

The lesson, however, has been learnt. Nothing is as scary as it seems, as long as you take it on with a grin. In fact: I think I cheered up quite a few grumpy people this morning. My grandma's strawberry tarts (with home-made jam, she reminded me) certainly did. One visitor actually tried to take two, and I had to politely tell them to get some manners.

Now all I have to do is look forward to the next challenge.