Pages

HOLLY MIRANDA SMALE

Writer, photographer, "rapper" and general technophobe takes on the internet in what could be a very, very messy fight. But it's alright: she's harder than she looks, and she's wearing every single ring she could get her hands on.







.








Tuesday 19 October 2010

Full support

Harai has been good to me this morning. I`ve been a little shaky - what with nearly dying against a rice-field fence and ruining all of my hard earned street cred in the process - so he has gone out of his way to distract me.

And I do believe he`s managed it.

Harai: (Laughing.) I am bad man. I laugh at bad thing. Look. (Shows me fax.)
Me: That`s just pretty scribbles to me. What does it say?
Harai: Sometimes, when sun goes, bad men come out. And they send message to look out bad man. This girl, little one, is walking yesterday at 10am. Sun not gone, but walking. Old man stops car, and says girl, come here. Girl walks up to car. 70 year old man in there. 170cm high.
Me: That wasn`t bright.
Harai: No. And girl says what? And old man lift up his top and show her his brassiere.
Me: His what?
Harai: His brassiere. (Cups his chest with his hands.)
Me: His bra?
Harai: (laughing). Yes. His bra. Girl upset.
Me: I bet. What colour was it?
Harai: I don`t know. It doesn`t tell me. But his t-shirt was grey.
Me: Why was he wearing a bra, Harai?
Harai: I think he is mad man. But also in Japan there is fashion for guys to wear bra.
Me: Guys?
Harai: Guys. Like me.
Me: You wear a bra?
Harai: No. But some men do. Important men. They wear it when stressed to feel.... refreshed.
Me: Refreshed? Why would they feel refreshed?
Harai: Because they under pressure and then they put bra on and they like phooooooooooooo, and they relaxed. They like I am free and easy now.
Me: I don`t believe you.
Harai: Okay. I show you.

And then he got on the internet and showed me this:




Me: Gosh. He does look relaxed. Who is it?
Harai: Environmental Governor I think. He want lots of men to wear bra.
Me: Well, I can see his point. He is very free and easy. Are you going to follow advice?
Harai: No. I am not stressed. But if I did, I wear black or red. Not pink. I am man.

There are all kinds of support in a crisis. Lacy, pink, cropped, full length, underwired and silky. Padded, layered and ruffled.

And Harai told me about all of it.