Pages

HOLLY MIRANDA SMALE

Writer, photographer, "rapper" and general technophobe takes on the internet in what could be a very, very messy fight. But it's alright: she's harder than she looks, and she's wearing every single ring she could get her hands on.







.








Monday 20 April 2009

A natural high

I'm so excited I can barely sit still. In fact, I'm tapping away at my computer, half standing, with my foot going up and down.

Tonight, I go up in a hot air balloon. I'm filming the video for TNBJITW, and the kind people at Adventure Balloons agreed to a free flight (thanks, partly, to the BBC, who are coming to film my 'next adventure'). Suffice to say, I cannot wait. I've wanted to do this since I was a teeny tiny kid, and if I was a puppy right now I'd be spinning around in circles and being moved away from expensive rugs.

I know what I'm doing, film-wise, but God knows how it will turn out. I never really know until I've done it: my last video turned out pretty much how I wanted it to (considering the equipment I had; a bad workman may blame his tools, but I'd like to see a carpenter make a wooden box with a spoon), but I have no idea if I can pull it off twice. Once is a fluke; twice requires a little more skill.

Time will tell. At least there won't be a problem with smiling for the camera in this one: I don't think I'm going to be able to stop.